Quarry Passports & Warehouse Course
The Safety Pass Alliance, or the SPA, is the most prominent safety passport awarding body in the UK offering courses related to a variety of industries. The safety passport for the quarry and minerals industry is run in conjunction with MPQC (Mineral Products Qualifications Council) formerly known as EPIC and counts as a Level 2 QCF qualification.
What does it cover?
The Quarry safety passport (sometimes known as the EPIC card) training course covers topics such as dust, confined spaces and hazard awareness. You can find a full syllabus and other important information when you choose a course date below.
Who needs this passport?
You may require a Quarry Safety Passport if you work on a quarry, in excavation or with mineral products in your job.
The training options for this card include:
– the full 2 Day Course,
– the 1 Day SPA Renewal Course (for those with a ‘Q’ icon on their passport)
– the 1 Day MPQC Renewal Course (for those with an ‘MP’ icon on their passport)
SPA Safety UK Warehouse Passport for Agency and Casual workers
Developed in association with UK Warehousing Association (UKWA) this course aims to offer a an understanding of Health & Safety risks for those working in Warehouse environments. Specifically aimed at agency and casual workers but could be offered to employees and contractors working on a Warehouse site.
- Setting the scene
- Reporting accidents & near misses
- A basic understanding of what activities happen in a warehouse
- Employers / employees responsibilities
- Avoiding incidents with FLT’s, Reach trucks, Pallet trucks
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Safe system of work
- Slips, trips and falls
- Diversity & equality
- Health (Noise, drugs & alcohol)
- Behaving safely
- Understanding safety signage
- Hot and cold working
- Work equipment (PUWER, LOLER)
- Food hygiene
- Fire safety
- Health & fitness
- Crime & security
- Loading bays, loading trailers